Anglia ESOL exams are designed for young learners, high school students and teachers of English as a Foreign language and are mapped to the Common European Framework CEFR, allowing English language learners to steadily gain mastery of the English language. Anglia offers a unique Step by Step approach, enabling effective incremental development of language skills from Fist Step to Mastery level. This unique, clear and user-friendly pathway has helped students worldwide to become happy, confident and successful English language speakers. The Anglia Exam suite measures all four language skills: listening, reading, speaking and writing. Please see below the specific exam level:
- First Step – This is our entry level of English language exam. Children as young as four years old can begin from here. Students will be able to demonstrate an understanding of about 100 words.There is also an alternative option available for adults learning at this level.
- Junior Level – This is our second step in the Anglia Exam learning journey.Students will be able to demonstrate an understanding of about 200 words and are able to use useful structures and explain what they are doing.There is also an alternative option available for adults learning at this level.
- Primary Level – Step 3 in our progressive exam series covers a vocabulary of 400 words in categories like jobs, feeling and weather. Students will be able to demonstrate how to form questions, provide answers to questions, and be able to describe things.
- Preliminary Level – This is the first exam levell to divide testing into the separate skills of writing, listening and speaking. The speaking component is optional.The test includes and covers a vocabulary of 800 words, understanding of the past simple, regular and irregular verbs.
- Elementary Level – Our elementary exam equates to level A2 on the CEFR. Subjects covered include increased vocabulary, future, past and present tenses, modals and expressing purpose. Relative and reflexive pronouns together with abvers are also tested.
- Pre Intermediate Level – The test covers increased vocabulary, the passive, the second conditional the gerund, non-finite and phrasal verbs.
- Intermediate Level – The Anglia Intermediate is mapped to B1 level of CEFR. The intermediate level marks a milestone in the development of your English language skills. Whether you are a school teacher or a school student and intend on going to further education, this exam is an important standard as you progress through our proficiency level.
- Advanced Level – This level covers increased vocabulary, inversion, verbs followed by the past tense and use of the infinitive.
- Proficiency Level – The Anglia Proficiency exam is mapped to C1 on the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR), and is an AIM Level 2 qualification on the UK National Qualifications Framework.This level of English tests coherent presentation skills and use of language flexibly and effectively are hallmarks of candidates at this level. English language testing at this level means that the test taker is measured on the four skills of reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- Master Level – Our Mastery exam is Ofqual approved and accredited by AIM Qualifications and Assessment.You will need to understand a wide range of vocabulary and understand information from different spoken sources. The Anglia Masters exam comprises an advanced English grammar test and prior capability at at least the C1 CEFR level.